Wednesday, September 27, 2017

A Smile to Remember


















A Smile to remember





Dear Lady, 

I do not know your name, but I love your face. I met you at the festival in town and I said hello and you reached and touched my arm. You talked and I listened. I think we need to listen to older people as much as we can. You have so much to share.
  • You are surely much wiser than I.
  • You have experienced more of life and you are still smiling.
  • You care enough to give meaningful advice, even if you think the younger generation might not like you for it at present moment.
  • You aren't afraid to speak out about what you have learned the hard way.
  • You probably had more and much better education––even if you only went to school through sixth grade.
  • You were likely raised fearlessly by parents who were willing to provide loving discipline.
  • You were raised in an era when morals and ethics were not optional or questioned.
  • You have already walked miles and more miles in my shoes.
Thank you, Dear Lady, for allowing me to take your photograph and for the touch you gave to my day.

Love ya, 
Elece

No comments:

Post a Comment