Monday, May 24, 2010

 

Dear Ronee,

Thank you for being such a close-as-family friend.  I know that at any time I could knock at your door and you wouldn't mind answering. I might be wrong, but with you I feel secure that you aren't pretending to be nice; you are nice for real. Last week, I felt lonely and sad, so I headed for your house. I knew you would be glad to welcome me in for a hug, a talk, a cup of comforting hot tea, and a cry if need be. Usually, we just have a nice visit, like a visit with one of my own sisters. 

We talk about our children, our schoolwork, our housework, our hobbies, and our social activities. We get all the latest news and views from each other. If I visit you in a dreary mood or in a cheerful mood, I find your ear ready to listen, your heart ready to understand, and your hand willing to do anything you can to help.

It does my heart good to see your children playing happily. Sarah let me take her picture on the swing she and her sisters had made. Joe gave me one of his sweet, no strings attached little boy hugs, which I needed. I love your children.

Every woman needs a friend like you to walk beside and to talk to. Alas, not all women have one. There are too few true friends on the earth to go around.

Love you, 
Elece

No comments:

Post a Comment